augmented art walk 2021
UNLOCK A NEW REALITY. EXPERIENCE ART DIFFERENTLY.
21 JUNE - 16 JULY
(OFFICIAL RE-LAUNCH DATES)
After a momentary pause, the Flinders Quarter Augmented Art Walk is back.
Visit Melbourne's Flinders Quarter and take a self-guided journey through the streets, laneways, heritage buildings and local businesses to unlock a collection of 12 artwork treasures that come to life through augmented reality (AR) and storytelling.
Discover incredible pieces by some of Melbourne’s celebrated creative practitioners including:
- Stanislava Pinchuk
- Carla Gottgens
- United Make
- Anton Hasell
- Tracy Sarroff
- Dee Smart
- Jingwen (Jina) He
- Ann Ryan
- Sue Beyer
- Jasmine Mansbridge
- Sonia Kretschmar.
Then experience each artwork differently. Unlock each artwork’s animation and sound using your phone or tablet device via the augmented reality EyeJack app, free to download for iPhones and Android.
To activate each artwork:
1. Scan the QR code or go to eyejack.link/flindersquarter to download the free EyeJack App
2. Find Flinders Quarter Augmented Art Walk 2021 event listing and hit the ‘launch’ button
3. Find the ‘best viewing’ location and hold your mobile device towards the artwork to unlock the augmented reality experience.
4. Share your experiences from the app #flindersquarter #metrotunnelvic #metrotunnelart
5. Follow clues to the next artwork until you’ve unlocked all 12 artwork treasures. Need to know where to go? Grab a map from participating FQ businesses (look out for Flinders Quarter stickers on windows) and start walking.
Activate all 12 artworks for a chance to win some amazing prizes, all sourced from our Flinders Quarter local businesses.
To be in the running, you'll need to unlock all 12 x artwork's AR on the EyeJack app & complete the survey to be in the running.
Pay attention to any clues on the app and printed map to help you find the next artwork treasure!
The Major Prize is worth over $4k plus there are over 65 x minor prizes to be won!
So what are you waiting for?!